-->

Monday, 8 May 2017

My Negativity Detox

Hello my beautiful sunbeams!

If you follow this blog or follow me on social media you may have noticed I've a bit inactive on the internet these past couple weeks and completely gone last week, it was all due to me taking a bit of a self care period for myself.
As I mentioned in a few of my previous posts my life has been going through lots of changes lately, most of them quite wonderful and as happy as I am with them it has been a bit too much for me and the stress started slowly pilling up and I started getting quite overwhelmed.
I suffer from anxiety so this sort of feeling can be quite bad on me emotionally so I decided I had to take a step back, relax and give myself a chance to really calm down and enjoy things. That meant doing some intensive self care consisting of a lot of different steps, weekly pamper nights, meditation, a biiig cleanout, an internet detox (hence my absence, and most importantly and the one I'll write about today, a Negativity Detox.


A Negativity Detox is basically taking small steps throughout your routine to fight negative thoughts and developing positive thoughts and motivation. There's not really a formula for that, it's all about figuring out what makes you feel more positive and more negative and creating a little ritual around that, so it can be done whoever you feel works better for you.

What worked for me were these steps:

Avoiding toxic people and situations

This is probably the most obvious one, but basically just avoiding people, places and situations that usually make me uncomfortable, self conscious or that bring me down in any way.

Surround myself with loving and supporting people

With hectic schedules that seem to be an unavoidable part of adult life it can be difficult sometimes to meet friends in person instead of just texting, so for this I made sure to meet my best friends often to just sit together, not checking our phones, and vent bout our problems and frustrations and cheering and building each other up, basically creating a little support group. It is such a simple thing but it makes such a huge difference to not only have people supporting you but also supporting them as well, it really buts me in a much better mindset.

Reviewing my day and writing down every positive thing on a list

It can be anything, a nice thing someone said, a film, book or song that made me happy, something new I've learned, having a great meal, anything good that happened I will write down in a cute notebook right before going to bed, it really helped me relax and sleep better.

Reading back the list whenever I start to feel down

I carry the notebook from the previous point around with me and check it whenever I start to feel bad to keep negative thoughts at bay.

Keep a positivity playlist on Spotify for whenever I feel bad

Few things in this world can cheer me up quite like a nice song, so I keep a positivity playlist on Spotify with me favourite songs to be my little pick me up.

What do you guys do to feel better when negativity starts to get the best of you?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Let me know your opinions and suggestions, I love reading your comments! If you have a blog leave a link so I can check it out and if you follow me on social media let me know so I can follow back ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...