-->

Monday, 28 November 2016

8 steps the perfect pamper/self care night

For a long time stress and anxiety were a huge set back in my life, specially during a very rough time I went through around 5 years ago. During that time I learned to give myself a few nights every once in a while to take care of myself and relax, I have since gotten over the things that were making my life difficult, but still do these sporadically so as to not let the stress build up, I always feel like a new person afterwards.
So here are 8 steps for my perfect pamper or self care night:



1 - Create your perfect playlist
Create a long playlist full of positive songs that make you feel happy and relaxed. My favourites for this are Belle and Sebastian, God Help the Girl and Beatles songs, but that changes from person to person.

2 - Burn your favourite candle, essential oils or incenses 

3 - Prepare a cup of your favourite hot beaverage
But make it caffeine free

4 - Bundle up under the blankets with your favourite movie, book or TV show  

5 - Put on a face mask, a hair mask and take a bubble bath
If you are not afraid of ruining your book, computer, kindle or whatever, you can skip the blankets and read or watch something while on the bath

7 - Prepare or order your favourite comfort food
Cooking delicious food always makes me feel good, but if you don't enjoy or don't really know how to cook you can still order it

8 - Have a long talk with someone you love about what's stressing you or write your feelings down
Vent your feelings to a good friend or your significant other, be it on the phone, via skype or in person, if you don't feel comfortable enough to do that just write your feelings down it will lift a weight from your shoulders, and sometimes talking or writing about your problems can give a new perspective on things.

Also if you can stay away from your phone or from social media, turning off from these things can be really relaxing sometimes.

I've changes the blog layout a little bit, let me know what you guys think of it!
Thank you for reading!


42 comments:

  1. Perfect tips! This sounds like my kind of night! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love nights like this

      Delete
  2. Happy new week! Adore your new layout! Awesome tips

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds perfect! Pjs/blanket/pizza/films and a gossip please!

    corrie | corriearnold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great tips to create the perfect self care night!

    Eleanor - http://www.eleaanormay.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww this looks so cosy, I love cuddling into bed, watching Orange is the new Black and having a pumpkin spice latte... Heaven!

    Love from NYC,
    Whit

    http://www.whitneyswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I always go for OITNB when I want a laugh

      Delete
  6. Self-care nights a a must every once in a while. xoxoxo

    http://www.toksblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, everyone should have them occasionally xx

      Delete
  7. Nice post! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Would you like to follow each other? :) If you want, please follow me, let me know and I follow you.
    https://astbakay.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cozy nights are my absolute favorites, loved this post dear! Xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always do #2.3.4.7.8. Great tips dear! Thanks for sharing!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post!

    http://dosqueavecesson3.blogspot.com.es/2016/11/all-of-blue.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I struggle with anxiety too and these are definitely really helpful tips! I love cozy nights in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find these really help when my anxiety is bad xx

      Delete
  12. Great post, I haven't enough time for doing all -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sometimes it's super hard to take a few minutes to relax

      Delete
  13. Sounds like great recommendations!
    http://www.swaagcaat.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post! Nothing's better than a self-care night. I've made a similar post up on my blog too!

    Regina | Paper Hobbit's blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh amazing post! I especially love doing 1,4 and 7 ;))

    http://pixiethe90s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always have a pamper/relaxing day every Friday. It is really important to find time to relax, I always have a hot bath, light candles and put on a face mask. Then I continue with hot chocolate and a nice movie. Best ending of my week :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! it's my favourite time of the week :)

      Delete
  17. Self care is something I really struggle with. I'm not sure why and am trying hard to change this. Your tips have been really helpful, I'm definitely going to put some of them into practice to see if they help me. Thank you for sharing these! Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try, I feel so much better every time I have one of those nights, it's totally worth it!

      Delete
  18. Add Mani/ Pedi on that list and you got me!

    Love,
    Olivia
    http://cleopatraskloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mani and pedi is so much fun as well, specially if you have a friend to do it together xx

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Let me know your opinions and suggestions, I love reading your comments! If you have a blog leave a link so I can check it out and if you follow me on social media let me know so I can follow back ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...