I have always loved beautiful long nails but for the longest time I have struggled with brittle nails that would break whenever I tried to grow them out. After a while I managed to find a few tricks to grow them stronger and more resistant, and finally get the long nails i have always wanted without worrying about them breaking whenever I'd bump my hands onto something. So today I'm sharing those tips with you
- Keep your nails hydrated - Maintaining your nails moisturized with a good handcream, olive oil or petroleum jelly cracking and peeling, which is what mostly causes them to break.
- Don't pick at chipped nail polish - That usually removes the top layer of the nail bed, making it more brittle and breakable.
- Always use a protective base coat before nail polish
- Get vitamin H, A and C - Either trough your diet or supplements (after checking with a doctor first), it will improve not only your nails but also hair and skin.
- Give your nails a break from polish every once in a while - let them breath properly without polish every few weeks, it will reduce breaking and also avoid getting them stained or yellowed from the nail polish
Let me know if you have any other tips to grow out longer nails!
Thank you for reading and happy Friday!