-->

Monday, 4 July 2016

June Favourites - Fashion, Beauty, Books, Films and Music

Hello Darlings,

Today I decided to share with you what I've been loving in June, I'll be sharing my faves for fashion, beauty, books, films and music, I was initially going to do two itens for each, but couldn't really choose just 2 for fashion, so there's four of those, so let's go for it!




  • The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner - I really love this, I've actually finished it this month and will definitely be repurchasing ASAP, this toner is really nice on the skin, it cleans it up quite deeply, removing any dirty or makeup leftovers, but the best part is that, unlike most toners I've tested before, it doesn't make me feel dried up afterwards, it does it's job perfectly while being very gentle on the skin.
  • Lush Cup O' Coffee exfoliating mask - I'm completely obsessed with this, I actually need to stop myself from using it too much because I love it so much, I've already raved enough about it on my review, so you can check it out here.


My ultimate fashion fave for this month is this Zara bag I've worn in my Girls Night Out OOTD, I'm obsessed with this bag for multiple reasons, first of all the size, it is such a perfect size for me, I can fit a lot of stuff in it without it getting all bulky and lumpy, but it is also small enough for me to carry it comfortably. I also love it because it can be worn as a clutch, which I think looks much nicer, but also has a long shoulder strap I can wear when I want something more practical. I just really like the combination of faux leather, suede and gold, it's just really pretty and goes with any outfit.


These Zara boots I've also worn on that OOTD are definitely the shoes I've been wearing the most this month(it is winter in Brazil right now btw), I also love the mix of faux leather and suede in this along with the big zipper on the side, when I first bought these boots they were so painful and uncomfortable I seriously considered selling them and buying something else but after wearing a couple times they now feel really nice and comfy, I really like that the heels are high enough to give that great elongating effect on the legs but small enough so that I can run around in them all day without killing my feet.


 Now these are what I like to call my Grandpa shoes, also from Zara, I have to admit when I first saw these I thought they were absolutely horrid and didn't like them at all, but my friend who was shopping with me convinced me they could actually look really great with more modern, bold outfits and she was completely right, these look really great with colourful jackets, crop tops, leather jackets and stuff like that, they give a really nice twist to the outfit and are also really comfortable to weat


And lastly this little Forever 21 Fox Makeup bag, I feel in love with this the moment I saw it, it is so cute, I just love anything with little woodland animals in it, the colour is also really nice and the size is great as it doesn't take lots of space in my bags but can fit all I need



  • George Orwell's 1984 - No wonder this is a classic, I've really liked this book, first of all because I really like the whole dystopian future scenario, but what i like the most is that this is a really though provoking, not a very easy read, but worth the time for sure
  • Haruki Murakami's Dance, Dance Dance - Haruki Murakami is easily my all time favourite author and I think this book is one of his best works for sure, as most of his books it is surrealistic and metaphor-heavy, but it just flows so nicely, and completely submerges you into the story, the characters are constructed beautifully in a way you never really know much about them but still can understand their motivations quite well.


  • Submarine - I used to watch this movie so much a few years ago, I'd probably watch it at least once a month, but after a while I ended up kind of forgetting about it and found it last week again while scrolling around PopcornTime. This is easily on of my favourite movies, perfect for a lazy, gloomy day over a cup of tea or coffee, it is a bitter-sweet love story, with funny moments spread through it, waaay different from usual sugary blockbuster romantic films though, so don't watch expecting that sort of film, the actors are all really great and the soundtrack, by Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkeys is amazing
  • I Origins - This movie is absolutely breathtaking, again, a love story that is very unconventional and unique, the photography in this is mesmerizing and that actors are all truly talented, I found myself thinking about this film weeks after watching it, definitely worth the time.



I've been listening to both these songs nonstop lately, both a very fun and catching with great lyrics, the music videos are also really interesting, the Feet Don't Fail Me Now music video kinda reminds me a bit of Billy Elliot, which I love.

Hope you guys enjoy it, it was a bit hard to photograph as my cats seemed to be 100% certain my stuff were actually a bedding set for them lol

8 comments:

  1. Love your favourites and funny I am reading 1984 right now! Just finished Animal Farm by Orwell too which was also really interesting. Your makeup bag is so cute as is your cat!!! x
    Freyas Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!Great favs! The bag is super cute! Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    Tiff
    Http://tinytiffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection of favs. xoxoxo

    http://www.toksblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks!! Love your selection!!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your Zara boots!

    I hope that you visit my blog: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice selection!! The books look interesting

    Kisses,
    Marta
    www.martamademoiselle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice! thanks for sharing!

    Have a great day!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Let me know your opinions and suggestions, I love reading your comments! If you have a blog leave a link so I can check it out and if you follow me on social media let me know so I can follow back ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...