-->

Friday, 6 January 2017

Why I don't set blogging goals for myself

As the New Year approached many posts on goals started popping up on my Bloglovin feed, and the most common ones were Blogging Goals for 2017. As a newbie to the blogsphere I loved reading those posts to have an insight on what people who are much more experienced with blogging than I am expected from their blogs and after reading dozens of those posts I started wondering whether I should set a list of blogging goals for 2017 myself, but soon enough decided that was a bad idea.



During my seven months of blogging I've read hundreds of posts on blogging and making you blog better, most of which stressed on the importance of setting goals and keeping track of them, lots of those also said that you must treat your blog like a business, and after reading so much about that I simply decided that was not for me, at all.

I'm not in anyway saying having blog goals or treating your blog like a business are bad things, not at all, I think people who can manage their blogs like that and still have fun with it are really inspiring, but I just have to face it that I'm not one of those people.
If you've read my Positivity post you probably noticed I can get really stressed about achieving my goals and making things perfect, the moment I set myself a goal I work myself to exhaustion to get there, to some extent  that's a good thing, as I usually do accomplish what I want, the thing is, but I have no fun with it at all, quite the opposite, I tend to turn into a little ball of stress. What I'm trying to say is, I'm really good at achieving my goals, I'm just really bad at dealing with them.

This blog was created as a way for me to take photos, make designs and write about things I love as a way to relieve stress and have fun with it, do what I love with no expectations or pressure, I have no expectations to make money with it or blog for a living, I don't really think that'd be realistic for me.

So I realised if I set goals for this blog I would no longer have fun with it. It would become all about writing about whatever would give me more visibility, not what genuinely interested me at the moment, I'd put constant pressure on myself to have the perfect photo, the perfect layout, the perfect post and soon enough I'd be unhappy with this little nook of the internet that right now gives me so much entertainment and fun.

Of course this doesn't mean I don't want to improve my blog, I truly do, I'm always trying to find new ways to improve my writing, photography and designs, but I'm doing it without any expectations, just playing around with it and seeing where it takes me, always having fun with what I do, that's what makes me love this blog so much, connecting with people with similar interests, writing about what I love and actually doing something with my love for design and photography, all as a fun little hobby.

Honestly in these seven months this blog grew much more than I ever expected, with almost 500 followers, much more views than I ever imagined it would get and always with lovely supportive comments, that's more than I could ever wish for it, so the only goal I have for this blog in 2017 (which you'll know if you've seen my 2017 Goals and Resolutions post) is to keep it active and continue to have fun with it, no pressure, just love.

Have you set any blogging goals for this year?


Thanks for reading!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Let me know your opinions and suggestions, I love reading your comments! If you have a blog leave a link so I can check it out and if you follow me on social media let me know so I can follow back ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...